“Debbie Cohen lives and teaches a path to happiness that can positively affect your health and longevity.”
~ Dr. Mario Martinez, bestselling author of The MindBody Code and The MindBody Self
JBL IN A NUTSHELL
“Our aim is to be a conscious culture which actively allows joy to be fully accessed and experienced by each individual.” ~ DHC
Excerpt from an interview with Nova Southeastern University. Click here to read the entire interview.
3 E-books mentioned in the interview
Are you ready for more JOY in your life? These E-books will help you begin your Joy-Based Living journey right now!
- JBL Planner Ebook – start here if you want to feel great about how you invest your Time, Energy and Attention (TEA) every day!
- The 12 Practices Ebook – start here if you’re ready to permanently transform your life from the inside out!
- SANCTUARY Ebook (free) – start here if you’re dealing with trauma and you want to increase your Sovereignty, Power and Agency (SPA)!
Upcoming Events 2022
- Online. Live-streams at Patreon. A new series, Worthiness Matters, begins April 1. Recordings from previous live-streams (Surrender to Love and PRESENCE) are available once you join!
- Online. Get Fairy Tales for kids and adults. At Debbie’s YouTube channel Monday’s at 9pm Central through the spring and summer of 2022. Starting on Monday evenings in April (stay tuned!)
- In-Person. Art Exhibit in Mentone, Alabama on Lookout Mountain: May 21, 10am-3pm, on the grounds of Mentone Inn
OUR WORLD TODAY
“Humanity is always transitioning. But this is the first period in human history where we are having multiple transitions simultaneously, and each one is techtonic, is enormous, is fundamental.
Even more importantly… in previous transitions, people always had a fallback… they could always go back to the clan, the tribe, the village… they could always revert to something that kept them grounded and centered, that buffered the changes, that reduced their anxiety. ..
In our world today, we have widespread anonymity coupled with total loneliness. It’s a toxic mixture. It’s the recipe for mental illness.”Sam Vaknin, professor and author of Malignant Self Love
JBL aims to help people overcome these challenges and win … and we’re hitting the target! Members are receiving immediate and long lasting benefits. JBL households, JBL work spaces, JBL classrooms are on the rise. Our community is creating a new planet. We hope you’ll join us so we can add your story to our growing list of Testimonials!
JBL CONCEPTS UNITE US
Become Wholehearted! Listen to your heart. Stay in tune with your soul. And trust yourself more.
Wholeheartedness means really caring about the quality of how you feel. Your joy. Your empowerment. Your relationships. How you invest your time. Discernment is power.
Wholeheartedness requires community. You can’t really become wholehearted all by yourself. That’s why Joy-Based Living was created. All of our content and spaces for connection serve this purpose. Authenticity, reciprocity and inclusiveness are hallmarks of our culture.
In practice, being wholehearted looks like having meaningful conversations with yourself and with others. Becoming wholehearted means incorporating the Joy-Based Living Trifecta into your everyday life. It’s our framework for becoming wholehearted. It’s our way of being.
THE JBL TRIFECTA
- trauma awareness – Every single one of us either has trauma or knows someone who does. Our healing aim is for everyone to have self-connection.
- spiritual connection – At JBL, we are inclusive to all beliefs that are life-giving.
- peak performance – We aim for you to let your true self emerge in full radiance!
OUR COMMUNITY & PHILOSOPHY GO HAND IN HAND
Joy-Based Living is an amazing, collaborative, co-creative community.
We express our Joy-Based Living philosophy in ART:
✋ PAUSE 🚧
The rest of this page is under construction.
If you’re ready to get started, scroll up and get an Ebook!
✋ 🚧 ✋
JBL has child-friendly resources as well as resources for adults. Here’s a map:
A Welcome Letter from our Joy-Based Living BEEE hive :-)…
We Are a Joy-Based Household mini-manifesto (print-out):
FAIRY TALE AUDIOS ARE NOW ON YOUTUBE:
Click here to link to the Playlist. Here’s a fairy tale audio for you:
Here is how we practice living our JBL philosophy.
Empowerment & Healing Communities
- Wholehearted Networking – especially for women who have a tendency to overgive – group study and personal transformation community – members integrate many of the resources below at their own pace – Meeting every Wednesday since April 1, 2020
- Patreon 100 Joy Workouts/Live Streams – a sampling of videos can be seen at the Joy Workout playlist
The Discipline of Joy means diving into the deeper stuff, the mud under the lotus
We actively practice our philosophy for learning and growing. We use these resources individually to develop our personal strengths. And they give us a common language and shared-values which helps us grow together.
T.E.A. Time, an acronym for Time, Energy and Attention, our greatest gifts
S.P.A., an acronym for Sovereignty, Power and Agency, especially for people who tend to overgive their TEA!
Emotional Ladder for Emotional Literacy (FREE printout)
Blog posts on healing from Emotional trauma / Narcissistic abuse / CPTSD
Blog posts with Embodiment Meditation audios and videos
Art & Soul
Through public appearances in the last year we are now sharing our JOY with wider audiences.
- Joy-Based Traveling Art Exhibit: Courage to Connect: Networking for Joy exhibit at Carrollwood Cultural Center, Tampa, FL October 2020
- Fairy Tales interview with Little River Arts Council on Lookout Mountain in Mentone, AL April 2021
- Livestream interview with Linda Burhans at Connecting Caregivers Radio June 2021
- JBL Building Block Village – and JONATHAN!
Coaching and skill-building for adults & children
Most people would agree that having more joy would be great. But what does it take to actually prioritize that? 99% of transformation is listening to the objections and then negotiating. Navigating difficult conversations and overcoming obstacles within YOURSELF and with OTHERS. At JBL, we practice negotiating for JOY. That means WIN WIN. It means standing for thriving, not just surviving. It means embracing life’s awkward conversations with courage, conviction and celebration!
- Personal Coaching and Leadership Coaching
- Connection Superhero Curriculum: Social-Emotional Competence – created for classroom teachers, co-authored with Amy Gregory
Soul, Joy & Wonder
Storytelling is a fun and powerful way to access your deeper mind and create lasting transformation. Here are a few projects that are in the works. Stay tuned as they emerge!
- Coming soon: 1,001 Southern Nights: 1,001 Fairy Tales for Healing, Empowerment and Soul Nourishment. In the meanwhile, you can watch the interview about Get Fairy Tales by Little River Arts Council.
- Reverend SASSY SHORTS!
- Coming soon: FLASH FORWARD! Creating the life you want is an important part of Joy-Based Living.
Bringing Joy to the World
INSERT: art piece with “If there was more joy in the world… and it all begins with you and me” “We have the power to change the world together.”
“You can’t leave all the darkness back there and pretend it’s not there.”Vito Acosta
“Your time, energy and attention are your most precious gifts. Invest them wisely. You are so worthy.”Debbie Happy Cohen
Past Events – In Person
Pop Up Art Exhibit Sept 25 2021
Joy-Based Living presented It’s About Time! November 13 & 14th!
Past Events – Online
Self Care Art presents TIME TO SHINE! Next Meetups are on December 12 and January 12
PRESENCE goes for 100 days and you can jump in anytime. Recordings are available. This series is Awesome.