– This page is under construction –
Happy D’s List of Eggcellent Resources – Sunny Side Up!
1. Essentials for Resolving Emotional Trauma. Break the shackles.
I will post these links in the order that they came into my life and transformed my perceptions, quickening my healing and recovery process. Each of these authors is worthy of extensive research. None is perfect. All are awesome. Imperfect and awesome. Just like you and me!
If you are new to this topic, please take care of yourself EXTRA EXTRA good. These Youtube channels and resources can quickly become addictive, and for good reason: things start making sense and your brain will want MORE. Drink water, go for walks, step away from the computer frequently. #beenthere
On Emotional Abuse #co-narcissism #toxicshame
- Narcissistic victim syndrome talk by Christine Louis de Canonville (Youtube, 45:42)
On Toxic Shame
- When Shame Begets Shame ebook by Christine Louis de Canonville
On Emotional Flashbacks
- Sign up to the SpartanLifeCoach newsletter to get the “Stop Emotional Flashback Course” by Richard Grannon. Learn – and do – the 5 finger mnemonic. http://spartanlifecoach.com/
- Pete Walker’s books: Tao of Fully Feeling and Complex PTSD. And his article (free online): 13 Steps for Managing Emotional Flashbacks
- 2 main lies that keep codependents stuck #disneyvillains #teatime #entrepreneurs #artists by Debbie Happy Cohen (Youtube, 14.26)
On the Inner Critic, Abusive (rather than balanced and healthy and encouraging) by Richard Grannon
On Emotional Literacy
- Engage with your emotions. Stop rejecting yourself. This is the heart of healing. Emotion Color Wheel (video coming soon)
A list of key qualities to look for in emotional trauma specialists:
- Video coming soon
On all of the above
- My TEA Time Playlist at YouTube
2. Essentials for Thriving. Live free!
strengthening and sustaining healthy connection with oneself and with others is absolutely necessary for making great choices and feeling joyful in your everyday life.
JBL 12 Practices (E-book with Videos)
Your Thrive List (video coming soon)
- What do I need in order to feel my best today?
- What do I need in order to feel my best every day?
Mario Martinez’ Mind Body Code Audio Set
Gabor Maté – youtube talks and interviews.
Breré Brown – her 2 TED Talks are a great place to start.
David Hawkins’ – 2 books especially: Power vs. Force and Letting Go, the Pathway of Surrender
Joe Dispenza – Youtube talks. Meditations (for purchase) are excellent.
The Contrast Place – feelings of shame can really trip you up when they appear (like tidal waves sometimes) just after you take a risk or something great happens in your life; it can really confuse you if you don’t know what’s going on.
3. Essentials for self-healing; Essentials for coaches, therapists, healers, and leaders. Knowledge is power.
3 Stages of Healing from Emotional Abuse (Stockholm Syndrome, or trauma bonding, is described at the end of Stage 2; super-relevant because many people stay stuck there for years – and you don’t want that!)
- The Journey by Meredith Miller
Understanding Narcissistic Abuse – how to handle narcissists, and yourself – with sanity and safety and freedom
- Sam Vaknin, self-proclaimed narcissist, Youtube channel
- Richard Grannon, healing from abuse and psychological stuff, Youtube channel
- Michele Nieve’s Youtube channel, for moms
- Permission to Exist Youtube channel, for corporate/ work
Never Split the Difference by Chris Voss, former head FBI hostage negotiator. Learn tactical empathy and elicit “that’s rights” from the people you serve and watch how powerfully they will stop holding their JOY hostage!!
4. Shiny Objects!
These weren’t mentioned in SANCTUARY but they’re too good not to share!
How do you build a sacred space? Siamak Hariri, Architect for the Bahai Temple in Chili (Youtube, about 15 min)
Benjamin Bergen, author of “What the F.” Talk at Google. (about an hour)
“Within you is a stillness and a sanctuary to which you can retreat at any time and be yourself.” ~ Hermann Hesse
If any links are broken, please let us know in the comments below. Thanks!