Join us for 2 special inaugural online events!
AUGUST 16, 17, 18 – Self Care Art
PRESENCE begins July 1 and you can jump in anytime. Recordings are available.
Joy-Based Living is an amazing, collaborative, co-creative community.
Here is how we practice living our JBL philosophy.
Empowerment & Healing Communities
- Wholehearted Networking – especially for women who have a tendency to overgive – group study and personal transformation community – members integrate many of the resources below at their own pace – Meeting every Wednesday since April 1, 2020
- Patreon 100 Joy Workouts/Live Streams – a sampling of videos can be seen at the Joy Workout playlist
The Discipline of Joy means diving into the deeper stuff, the mud under the lotus
We actively practice our philosophy for learning and growing. We use these resources individually to develop our personal strengths. And they give us a common language and shared-values which helps us grow together.
- SANCTUARY ebook (FREE)
- 12 Practices ebook
- T.E.A. Time, an acronym for Time, Energy and Attention, our greatest gifts
- S.P.A., an acronym for Sovereignty, Power and Agency, especially for people who tend to overgive their TEA!
- CALI Calendar
- Emotional Ladder for Emotional Literacy (FREE printout)
- JBL Trifecta – diagram uniting conversations about healing, spirituality and personal development
- Blog posts, general
- Blog posts on healing from Emotional trauma / Narcissistic abuse / CPTSD
- Blog posts with Embodiment Meditation audios and videos
- Youtube playlists: a sampling of Joy Workouts; Goat Notes for scapegoats and blacksheep; Healing CPTSD; TEA TIME)
Art & Soul
Through public appearances in the last year we are now sharing our JOY with wider audiences.
- Joy-Based Traveling Art Exhibit: Courage to Connect: Networking for Joy exhibit at Carrollwood Cultural Center, Tampa, FL October 2020
- Fairy Tales interview with Little River Arts Council on Lookout Mountain in Mentone, AL April 2021
- Livestream interview with Linda Burhans at Connecting Caregivers Radio June 2021
- JBL Building Block Village – and JONATHAN!
Coaching and skill-building for adults & children
Most people would agree that having more joy would be great. But what does it take to actually prioritize that? 99% of transformation is listening to the objections and then negotiating. Navigating difficult conversations and overcoming obstacles within YOURSELF and with OTHERS. At JBL, we practice negotiating for JOY. That means WIN WIN. It means standing for thriving, not just surviving. It means embracing life’s awkward conversations with courage, conviction and celebration!
- Personal Coaching and Leadership Coaching
- Connection Superhero Curriculum: Social-Emotional Competence – created for classroom teachers, co-authored with Amy Gregory
Soul, Joy & Wonder
Storytelling is a fun and powerful way to access your deeper mind and create lasting transformation. Here are a few projects that are in the works. Stay tuned as they emerge!
- Coming soon: 1,001 Southern Nights: 1,001 Fairy Tales for Healing, Empowerment and Soul Nourishment. In the meanwhile, you can watch the interview about Get Fairy Tales by Little River Arts Council.
- Reverend SASSY SHORTS!
- Coming soon: FLASH FORWARD! Creating the life you want is an important part of Joy-Based Living.
The Proof is in the Pudding
Bringing Joy to the World
INSERT: art piece with “If there was more joy in the world… and it all begins with you and me” “We have the power to change the world together.”
“You can’t leave all the darkness back there and pretend it’s not there.”Vito Acosta
“Your time, energy and attention are your most precious gifts. Invest them wisely. You are so worthy.”Debbie Happy Cohen