Today’s podcast was excellent and magical. We hope you enjoy it as much as we did!
Debbie and Michele
ps. To access all blogposts and podcasts with Debbie and Michele, just click LIONESS in the Main Menu of www.joybasedliving.com or go to the Search bar at the bottom and type LIONESS.
Podcast Episode 024:
Blog posts mentioned:
- Seeking knowledge poem – quick quote (with owl photo)
- Which animal would YOU like to be as YOU phase into YOUR New Normal? (video of bear and animals crossing bridge)
Resources: Imagination tools to help you and your kids soar!
- Get Fairy Tales by Debbie Happy Cohen with art by Vito Acosta
- The Alter Ego Effect: The Power of Secret Identities to Transform Your Life by Todd Herman
- My Super Me: Finding The Courage For Tough Stuff by Todd Herman
- Crossing the bridge into New Normal
- A leadership technique that uses our creative imagination at its finest is called VISION. Human beings can imagine themselves to be whatever they want to be
- Michele’s son started taking more initiative and more responsibility
- Purposeful engagement (PE)
- Fairy Tales
Which imaginary figure would YOU like to be as YOU phase into YOUR New Normal? Kids and parents, please respond in the comment section!
Debbie Happy Cohen, author and coach, is also the founder of Joy-Based Living. Her Master’s Degree is in counseling, specializing in family systems, healing emotional trauma, and practical spirituality. Also affectionately known as Happy D! and Reverend SASSY SHORTS!, she lives on Lookout Mountain in Alabama, near Chattanooga, Tennessee. Her books include Reach Your Stars!, SANCTUARY, It’s All About Kids: Every Child Deserves a Teacher of the Year, and I Don’t Think So! You can find her blogging at http://www.joybasedliving.com.
Michele Stone is a professional artist in Tampa, Florida as well as a Certified Therapeutic Art Life Coach. She teaches classes for children and seniors and also curates art exhibits at the Carrollwood Cultural Center. Masterpieces with Michele, LLC is her company where provides painting parties for adults at their workplaces. You can watch her videos and subscribe to her youtube station here.
NOTE FROM MICHELE:
This podcast is for all you moms and dads out there freaking out about what to do with your children for the next 2-4 weeks, while we are all quarantined. We plan to do a whole series of refreshing topics and life hacks to keep the stress and frustration down to a minimum. They will cover a wide range of topics, including emotional intelligence, doodling, navigating challenging times, resistance and so much more. Please leave a comment and I might draw out a doodle for you!!
NOTE FROM DEBBIE:
This podcast is CLEAN LANGUAGE AND KID FRIENDLY. I am swearing to give up swear words during these podcasts because your young ones are at home and you need this info to be heard and shared freely!! We want you to be a great lioness during these times. We want to help you you be the calm amidst the storm. We know how much you love your kids and we know how much you care.
Your voices mean the world to us!