Episode 57 – BEGINNING SEASON 3 of the Sassy Southern Yankee Podcast
* Explicit language *
This episode is a gateway between the shock of Corona and Creating a new normal. It’s about standing strong in our power as we step forward. We discussed archetypes and spirituality in this conversation so get ready for something new 🙂.
So much love, Debbie and Michele
- Switching gears into Season 3
- Creating a new normal
- 4 stages of trauma 1. Stuck 2. Shocked 3. Hell NO 4. Hell YES!
- Hell NO! Michele’s art series. Examples: Don’t … / Follow directions / Be a good girl / Don’t ruin the family name / Shut up and sit down
- Rotten eggs can be composted. They don’t have to be flung.
- Art has a way of helping you turn toward the nonverbal and process things. It’s always helped me deal with things that I wasn’t able to put words to. – Michele
- Be a Master Joy Negotiator
- HELL YES! series. NO HOLDS BARRED. Examples: Rise as high as is natural for me / Git it git it git it girl! / Take chances! / Buck the system / Make a name for myself / Stand up for myself / What about this? / What did you say? My power is so loud I can’t hear you! / Be the best me there will ever be / The Goddess, the wise queen: “Give us faith so we’ll be safe.”
- Bestowing blessings
“What is not transformed is transferred.”– Richard Rohr
“Science is going to get us out of this. But art is going to get us through this.”– Mo Willems
“Destiny is not a matter of chance; it is a matter of choice. It isWilliam Jennings Bryan
not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved.”
Question for you:
Please post your answer in the comment section below, or go to https://anchor.fm/debbiehappycohen and leave us a voice message.
Thank you so much for all of your comments, likes and shares! You are letting us know that we are making a difference and we really appreciate you for that.
Debbie and Michele
Debbie Happy Cohen, author and coach, is also the founder of Joy-Based Living. Her Master’s Degree is in counseling, specializing in family systems, healing emotional trauma, and practical spirituality. Also affectionately known as Happy D! and Reverend SASSY SHORTS!, she lives on Lookout Mountain in Alabama, near Chattanooga, Tennessee. Her books include Reach Your Stars!, SANCTUARY, It’s All About Kids: Every Child Deserves a Teacher of the Year, and I Don’t Think So! You can find her playing at a bunch of social media playgrounds: https://joybasedliving.com/2020/04/27/strengthen-your-love-level-up-your-joy/.
“My hearts greatest calling is teaching others love, kindness, acceptance and inclusion through art.” Michele Stone is a professional artist in Tampa, Florida as well as a Certified Therapeutic Art Life Coach. She teaches classes for children and seniors and also curates art exhibits at the Carrollwood Cultural Center. Masterpieces with Michele, LLC is her company where provides painting parties for adults at their workplaces. You can watch her videos and subscribe to her youtube station here.
To access all blog posts and podcasts with Debbie and Michele, just click LIONESS in the main menu of www.joybasedliving.com or go to the Search bar at the bottom and type LIONESS.