THANK YOU FOR REACHING OUT TO SEE HOW REVEREND SASSY SHORTS IS DOING!!! BIG HUGS TO YOU FOR THAT!!!!
O Mah Lawdy Lawd!!! This week has been PACKED with every emotion from deep grief to major mojo JOY JOY JOY!!! And Reverend SASSY SHORTS wishes she had 20 elves to do her biddings!!! Turns out that executing on ideas isn’t the same as having ideas. And the good REVEREND is OVERFLOWING with both these days!
This SASSY SUNDAY BLOG POST is for 6 days ago, May 10, 2020. And Reverend SASSY SHORTS is absolutely determined and committed to fulfill her weekly commitment this year, for 52 Sundays!
Maybe at the end of the year we can celebrate by having a SASSY SUNDAE party together at Zoom! Oooh, the SASSY Reverend would like that very much!!! Let me know if you’d like that!!!
One of my favorite book editors in the world loves to tell his clients “Show don’t tell.” So… here’s a few clips to show you what’s happenin’.
- THE PODCAST – QUICK MESSAGE
2. AUDIO RECORDING THE SANCTUARY E-BOOK FEELS SOOOO AMAZING AND IT GAVE MY FRIEND VITO AND I A GREAT EXCUSE TO RECONNECT AND SPEND SOME QUALITY TIME TOGETHER ON ZOOM . YOU CAN READ ABOUT IT HERE:
3. MAKING A DIFFERENCE THROUGH THE SANCTUARY BOOK FEELS SOOOOOOO GOSH DARN AWESOME!! UPON UPLOADING CHAPTER 2 OF THE AUDIO, I RECEIVED THIS COMPLETELY GORGEOUS AND SPARKLING LETTER FROM HEIDI IN VIENNA:
4. WHOLEHEARTED NETWORKING (WN) SPRING 2020 and 39 INCHES OF TOPSOIL! We are in the midst of week 7 of 12 OF WN and the conversation is just getting better, truer, deeper, and more amazing and empowering for all of us and each of us. This group is available publicly and new members can join at any time. VERY VERY exciting and fun! Here’s a 5 min video of me at IGTV (Instagram TV) sharing about this week’s experience:
5. I KNOW I MENTIONED DEEP GRIEF EARLIER, AND I DID SO BECAUSE I WANTED TO SHARE MY HONEST EXPERIENCE WITH YOU. HOWEVER, GRIEF IS STILL VERY VERY VERY TABOO TO BRING UP PUBLICLY. IT’S NOT WHOLEHEARTEDLY WELCOME IN MOST CASES. PEOPLE USUALLY RESPOND WITH WANTING TO HEAL IT QUICKLY OR SHUN IT AWAY. MY PARTICULAR EXPERIENCE IS A LITTLE TOO PERSONAL TO TALK ABOUT PUBLICLY. BUT I WANT YOU TO KNOW THAT 1. I MOVED THROUGH IT WITH A FABULOUS TOOLKIT OF RESOURCES AND GREAT FRIENDS WHO AREN’T AFRAID TO JUST “BE” WITH GRIEF AND 2. IF YOU ARE EXPERIENCING ANY SORT OF GRIEF, I WANT YOU TO KNOW THAT YOU ARE NOT ALONE.
6. THE GORGEOUS LETTER I RECEIVED FROM HEIDI (SEE #3) REMINDED ME THAT A DREAM OF MINE CAME TRUE. Studying INVISIBLE trauma (CPTSD) for a few years was difficult and required every bit of focus, courage and resilience I could muster. At one point, I said I WISH SOMEONE WOULD TALK ABOUT THIS SHIT WITH SOME HUMOR!!! I think REVEREND SASSY SHORTS was born from this deep desire. In Heidi’s letter, this one quote made my day and my week (maybe my year!):
Sanctuary is also the very first book on trauma I ever read that has humour, and even the potential to instil joy into me. Debbie Happy Cohen’s writing style is personal, intimate, immensely empowering and enjoyable.Heidi Bobal, sound engineer, musician, co-founder of brilliantvoices.net
7. A field trip to Trader Joe’s in Birmingham felt like a field trip! I think they have an addiction specialist in charge of their kitchen! I JONES for some of their cookies and coffee. Sheeesh! And now their frozen ravioli. OY!
8. The good REVEREND SASSY SHORTS helped a dear friend, Heather, clean out some of her clothes from her wardrobe. JOY was the rule. Everything else was OUT! It was quick and fun!
9. Heather nipped and tucked the Joy-Based Living Building Block village to make it more beautiful. She is SO gifted in the art of placing things! I know there’s a space in the purple backdrop screen. It’s awaiting a very special painting from England.
10. Spending some time outside on these gorgeous springtime days!!! YESSSSSSSSS!!!!!
This is just the tip of the iceberg of my week. There’s a ton more that I can share but this should give you a pretty good idea. If anyone has about 20 elves that I can borrow, please send them my way!!! The things that take the most time are the “grunt” and “grit” work AFTER the podcast, AFTER the Zoom call, AFTER filming the beautiful valley, etc. Hashtags, URLS and typing on various screens depending on which platform allows what. It’s a bit like lego with wires and lights! I’m so grateful to technology and social media, but it sure is a lot of work sometimes! Making a difference and connecting with y’all makes all the difference to me.
Reverend SASSY SHORTS!
ps. I’m SO GRATEFUL to have released the perfectionistic tendencies that “once upon a time” would have kept me quieter and more sub-dude. Fuck that shit!
Debbie Happy Cohen, author and coach, is also the founder of Joy-Based Living. Her Master’s Degree is in counseling, specializing in family systems, healing emotional trauma, and practical spirituality. Also affectionately known as Happy D! and Reverend SASSY SHORTS!, she lives on Lookout Mountain in Alabama, near Chattanooga, Tennessee. Her books include Reach Your Stars!, SANCTUARY, It’s All About Kids: Every Child Deserves a Teacher of the Year, and I Don’t Think So!
All her social media playgrounds and the SANCTUARY book can be found right here: