Episode #49 was amazing! Michele and I talk about her stepping up into the limelight with her virtual art classes during this retreat. We tap into how the “Joy Cycle” has helped her and the others at Joy Based Living step up and out into the spotlight on social media and in real life. Listen in and see how you can recognize where you are in the cycle of Joy, Expression, Expansion or Safety!
- Joy Cycle: Safety, Joy, Expression, Expansion – see below
- Michele Stone steps into the limelight. YEAH!!
- Introversion and extroversion
- JBL is where big love stands strong
- Joining social media conversations, expressing joy, publicly disagreeing (with Oprah!)
- Regrouping and self-care after giving a lot or taking a lot of risks
- What do you need in order to keep going and growing
- Our garden of people
- Little things are big things. – Juli Jordan
- “Stay small,” Michele’s mixed media series of cultural messages that cause us to keep ourselves constricted
- 4 stages of trauma: Stuck, Shocked, Heck No, Heck Yes!
- Silently agreeing to cultural “terms and conditions” holds back joy
- Being bold and responsible while taking up space
Question for you: Where are you in your cycle of joy, or joy-cycle?
Please post your answer in the comment section below, or go to anchor.fm/sassyshorts and leave us a voice message.
Thank you so much for all of your comments, likes and shares! You are letting us know that we are making a difference and we really appreciate you for that.
Debbie and Michele
The more clearly we can focus our attention on the wonders and realities of the universe about us, the less taste we shall have for destruction.~ Rachel Carson
Joy-Based Living Joy Cycle
Debbie Happy Cohen, author and coach, is also the founder of Joy-Based Living. Her Master’s Degree is in counseling, specializing in family systems, healing emotional trauma, and practical spirituality. Also affectionately known as Happy D! and Reverend SASSY SHORTS!, she lives on Lookout Mountain in Alabama, near Chattanooga, Tennessee. Her books include Reach Your Stars!, SANCTUARY, It’s All About Kids: Every Child Deserves a Teacher of the Year, and I Don’t Think So! You can find her blogging at http://www.joybasedliving.com.
Michele Stone is a professional artist in Tampa, Florida as well as a Certified Therapeutic Art Life Coach. She teaches classes for children and seniors and also curates art exhibits at the Carrollwood Cultural Center. Masterpieces with Michele, LLC is her company where provides painting parties for adults at their workplaces. You can watch her videos and subscribe to her youtube station here.
NOTE FROM MICHELE:
This podcast is for all you moms and dads out there freaking out about what to do with your children for the next 2-4 weeks, while we are all quarantined. We plan to do a whole series of refreshing topics and life hacks to keep the stress and frustration down to a minimum. They will cover a wide range of topics, including emotional intelligence, doodling, navigating challenging times, resistance and so much more. Please leave a comment and I might draw out a doodle for you!!
NOTE FROM DEBBIE:
This podcast is CLEAN LANGUAGE AND KID FRIENDLY. I am swearing to give up swear words during these podcasts because your young ones are at home and you need this info to be heard and shared freely!! We want you to be a great lioness during these times. We want to help you you be the calm amidst the storm. We know how much you love your kids and we know how much you care.