What do you do when you feel lost and are trying to hone in on your heart? Michele and I share our stories on how we learned to listen, become coachable, hold each other accountable while strategizing and negotiating for joy. We also share some funny stories about Doritos and lightening bugs… You’ll want to listen to this one!
- How to listen to your heart and hear it clearly
- Follow that gift you have inside
- Pioneers in flight taking inspired action
- If you could do anything, what would you do?
- Karate Kid, being coachable
- Feeling lost
- Wanting to live life to the fullest
- Being held accountable
- Honing in on feelings and resistances
- Encouraging others – artists, curators, gallery owners
- Helping others step into who they really are
- More intuitive and in-tune listener – what they want, helping them articulating what they really want
- Mentorship: Hone in, then strategize, then tactics
- Negotiating for JOY
- Articulating your why, mutual understanding
- I care about who you really are and your place in the world
- Being congruent with what’s in your heart, the essence of your soul
- Doritos and Lightning bugs
- Speaking up for yourself
- Focusing on your future instead of your past
- Laughter and humor
- Midwifing a new world of connection and joy
- Michele’s YouTube videos – doodling for self-care
Question for you: How do you listen to your heart?
Please post your answer in the comment section below, or go to anchor.fm/sassyshorts and leave us a voice message.
Thank you so much for all of your comments, likes and shares! You are letting us know that we are making a difference and we really appreciate you for that.
Debbie and Michele
JOY-BASED LIVING JOY-CYCLE
Debbie Happy Cohen, author and coach, is also the founder of Joy-Based Living. Her Master’s Degree is in counseling, specializing in family systems, healing emotional trauma, and practical spirituality. Also affectionately known as Happy D! and Reverend SASSY SHORTS!, she lives on Lookout Mountain in Alabama, near Chattanooga, Tennessee. Her books include Reach Your Stars!, SANCTUARY, It’s All About Kids: Every Child Deserves a Teacher of the Year, and I Don’t Think So! You can find her playing at a bunch of social media platforms.
Michele Stone is a professional artist in Tampa, Florida as well as a Certified Therapeutic Art Life Coach. She teaches classes for children and seniors and also curates art exhibits at the Carrollwood Cultural Center. Masterpieces with Michele, LLC is her company where provides painting parties for adults at their workplaces. You can watch her videos and subscribe to her youtube station here.
NOTE FROM MICHELE:
This podcast is for all you moms and dads out there freaking out about what to do with your children for the next 2-4 weeks, while we are all quarantined. We plan to do a whole series of refreshing topics and life hacks to keep the stress and frustration down to a minimum. They will cover a wide range of topics, including emotional intelligence, doodling, navigating challenging times, resistance and so much more. Please leave a comment and I might draw out a doodle for you!!
NOTE FROM DEBBIE:
This podcast is CLEAN LANGUAGE AND KID FRIENDLY. I am swearing to give up swear words during these podcasts because your young ones are at home and you need this info to be heard and shared freely!! We want you to be a great lioness during these times. We want to help you you be the calm amidst the storm. We know how much you love your kids and we know how much you care.
“My hearts greatest calling is teaching others love, kindness, acceptance and inclusion through art.”– Michele Stone
“Midwifing a new world.”– Debbie Happy Cohen