Negotiating was the theme for episode 54. Negotiating for Joy, negotiating a new normal and even negotiating a new podcast schedule! Today, Michele and I literally walk you through the process of negotiating for the things we truly wanted for ourselves, in order to contribute to the world. This is a gem of a podcast and you’ll get a lot out of it. We hope that this conversation helps you to become a negotiator for JOY in your own life. You deserve it!
- How we, an artist and an author, negotiated for JOY as we restructured our new podcast schedule – our live example
- Walking through the index cards
- Honoring each other
- Codependent overgiving vs. Healthy “overgiving”
- Joy can be found in healthy tension
- Tension can be found in healthy joy!
- How can we continue to help others and still stay true to ourselves?
- What is summer going to look like now?
- Joy as a new normal?
- Maya Angelou inviting someone to leave her party because they were gossipping
- The JBL Joy-Cycle is Freedom and begins with safety
- Spirituality is an important part of experiencing joy
- Michele’s YouTube videos – doodling for self-care
- Debbie’s Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/debbiehappycohen/
- Michele’s Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/michele_stone_masterpieces/
- Tea with fresh ginger, turmeric and honey
Question for you: If you could negotiate for JOY in any area of your life, what would you negotiate for and with whom?
Please post your answer in the comment section below, or go to https://anchor.fm/debbiehappycohen and leave us a voice message.
Thank you so much for all of your comments, likes and shares! You are letting us know that we are making a difference and we really appreciate you for that.
Debbie and Michele
JOY-BASED LIVING JOY-CYCLE
Debbie Happy Cohen, author and coach, is also the founder of Joy-Based Living. Her Master’s Degree is in counseling, specializing in family systems, healing emotional trauma, and practical spirituality. Also affectionately known as Happy D! and Reverend SASSY SHORTS!, she lives on Lookout Mountain in Alabama, near Chattanooga, Tennessee. Her books include Reach Your Stars!, SANCTUARY, It’s All About Kids: Every Child Deserves a Teacher of the Year, and I Don’t Think So! You can find her playing at a bunch of social media platforms.
Michele Stone is a professional artist in Tampa, Florida as well as a Certified Therapeutic Art Life Coach. She teaches classes for children and seniors and also curates art exhibits at the Carrollwood Cultural Center. Masterpieces with Michele, LLC is her company where provides painting parties for adults at their workplaces. You can watch her videos and subscribe to her youtube station here.
NOTE FROM MICHELE:
This podcast is for all you moms and dads out there freaking out about what to do with your children for the next 2-4 weeks, while we are all quarantined. We plan to do a whole series of refreshing topics and life hacks to keep the stress and frustration down to a minimum. They will cover a wide range of topics, including emotional intelligence, doodling, navigating challenging times, resistance and so much more. Please leave a comment and I might draw out a doodle for you!!
NOTE FROM DEBBIE:
This podcast is CLEAN LANGUAGE AND KID FRIENDLY. I am swearing to give up swear words during these podcasts because your young ones are at home and you need this info to be heard and shared freely!! We want you to be a great lioness during these times. We want to help you you be the calm amidst the storm. We know how much you love your kids and we know how much you care.
“My hearts greatest calling is teaching others love, kindness, acceptance and inclusion through art.”– Michele Stone
“Midwifing a new world.”– Debbie Happy Cohen